Find out more about our cookies and how we use them.
Sedo is committed to protecting the intellectual property rights, whether those of our users, third parties, or our own. Respect of intellectual property is crucial in our pursuit to provide users with a safe and reliable place to buy and sell domain names. Sedo created the Rights Protection Program (RPP) so intellectual property owners could easily report listings that infringe their rights. Please use the links below to learn more about Sedo’s efforts to protect intellectual property.
Want to learn the basics of Intellectual Property and Domain Names? Click here to visit SEDO's Domain Name Law resources.
Want to research whether terms contained in your domain have been registered as a trademark?
- For the United States, point your browser to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and follow these steps:
1. On the right-hand menu, select Trademarks
2. Select 2) Search TM Database (TESS)
3. On the page titled Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), select a search option, enter your search term and submit your query.
- For Canada, point your browser to the Canadian Trade-marks Database to perform a search.
Sedo's Intellectual Property Rights
All pages, text, and data are property of Sedo and may not be duplicated, passed on, or linked to other sites without prior permission.
We do not assume any responsibility for, nor guarantee the validity of, the content of our pages or the displayed domain data. Offering a domain for sale which infringes a trademark or patent is completely the responsibility of the offering party and Sedo can not be held liable for any actions of its members.