PHP Developer Marketplace
Sedo GmbH is internationally oriented with its head office in Cologne and a branch office in Boston. The company is part of the United Internet AG Group.
At our Cologne location, we are looking for a
PHP Developer (m/f) Marketplace
We are constantly modernizing our marketplace. We are currently migrating to Symfony 3, and have used TypeScript and RabbitMQ for some time now. You will find a professional planning and development structure with Jira, Git, Docker, Vagrant, SaltStack and Continuous Integration. Our next goal is the introduction of DevOps.
- Modernization and further development of our high-performance, scalable and service-oriented architecture for our online marketplace
- Design and development with clear emphasis on the area of back-end processes, possibly also for the presentation layer of our platform
- Evaluation of new technologies and tools for the expansion and improvement of our platform or our development processes
- Incorporation of your own ideas with a lot of creative freedom and a major say in an experienced scrum team.
- Performance of DevOps tasks
- Completion of studies or training in the area of (media or business) informatics
- Around 1-2 years' practical experience in the area of software development
- "State-of-the-art" knowledge of PHP (OOP) and MySQL
- Experience in the use of Software Design Pattern and UnitTests
- Practical experience with frameworks like Symfony and (REST-based) web services would be useful
- Ideally, experience with high-performance websites
- Familiarity with Git or similar version management
- Interest and enjoyment in the deployment of new technologies both for PHP and in the environment, e.g. RabbitMQ, Docker, SaltStack, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Reliable and detail-oriented way of working as well as high quality standards
- Knowledge of spoken and written English, knowledge of German desirable
What you can expect
We offer you a responsible position with the global market leader in the domain trading sector, located directly in the Cologne Media Park. With us, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your performance and efficiency in an international, open-minded team of 130 colleagues. Day-to-day operations are characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication.
With us, you can get things moving! A dynamic market environment provides for constant challenges and a wide variety of tasks. On top of all that, we offer our personnel an attractive all-round package.
Have we caught your interest?
Then please send us your complete application documents, stating the salary desired and your earliest possible starting date. Please apply by email only to email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!