starting immediately, Cologne (Mediapark), fulltime, unlimited
We are: THE experts of the first hours around domains. We have more than 20 years of experience in e-commerce and we work in interdisciplinary teams every day to create the best possible user experience for more than 2 million customers worldwide. Our common goal? Success that is sustainable! The United Internet AG group provides support in the background to achieve this goal.
Our Technology Stack:
- Our backends are services based on Spring Boot and Apache Camel, which are addressed via REST or message queues.
- At Sedo, we integrate a variety of third-party products and use the APIs from providers like Google cloud platform or AWS and 1&1.
- A high code quality is extremely important to us. We therefore take our test code just as seriously as our production code.
- With our central continuous delivery system, we can roll out new software in different environments several times a day. For this we use among others, Git, Helm and Jenkins. Simply through merging and tagging.
- We mainly operate our applications as Docker containers in a private cloud managed Kubernetes cluster.
- We use central logging (ELK), Prometheus, Grafana and Icinga for analysis, metrics and monitoring of our productive operations.
- Sharing responsibility for the creative design of our marketplace and other Sedo websites
- Designing and creating UIs for new applications as well as customizations, depending on UX feedbacks and research
- Continuous modernization of our software, processes and tools in collaboration with designers and backend developers
- Developing and implementing reusable and solid responsive frontend components
- Identifying and troubleshooting performance and maintenance issues
- Being up-to-date on front-end technologies and best practices to enhance our tech stack
- Sharing responsibility for the sustainable development of our platform and ensuring that HTML templates can be rendered in all major browsers
- Actively participating in agile work processes
- Great passion for front-end system development, its scalability and high-performance applications, as well as their continued development
- Nice-to-have: experience with mobile-first development and responsive layouts
- 2+ years of relevant front-end web development experience
- Flair for design and user-friendly web interfaces
- Up-to-date with new design trends and frameworks
- Curiosity for technical innovations, hands-on mentality, creativity and ability to work in a team
- Fluent English, German as a plus
- Successfully completed studies in media informatics and/or successfully completed training as a media designer, comparable qualifications, or career changer with relevant professional experience
Our benefits for you:
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, home office, 30-day vacation entitlement, fitness offers
- Environmentally friendly way to work: employer-financed KVB job ticket
- Free choice of hardware: MacBook Pro or Dell notebook
- Top offices: central location in the Mediapark and freshly renovated rooms with the latest equipment
- Personal development: individual training agreements
- Attractive employee discounts: corporate benefits, ticketsprinter
- Refreshments flat rate: coffee / tea / water, fresh fruit
- Company events: summer, Christmas and team events
- Rock-solid job in future proofed industry!
Do you want to make a difference at Sedo?
If you feel addressed and you want to become part of our international and agile culture, then don't wait!
Write an email with your complete application documents to [email protected]
+49 221 340 30 290