Divided into 6 sub-teams, our development team of around 30 personnel located in Cologne develops and looks after all products and processes associated with the Sedo platform. The DevOps Team's job is to guarantee the smooth operation of the Sedo platform. As a team member, you will be responsible for the maintenance, care, configuration and documentation of our Linux-based server landscape.
At our Cologne location, we are looking for a
Java is key for our permanent platform modernization. We go for microservices with Spring, Hibernate and Apache Camel as core technologies. On the process side Scrum, continuous integration and tools like Jira, Git and Jenkins are used in our daily business. We’ve just started a project to introduce DevOps.
- As a Java developer (m/f), you design and develop microservices for our SOA environment
- You work within a Scrum team making strategic decisions regarding system architecture and technology
- You analyze technical requirements, develop technical concepts and coordinate them with the respective partners
- You will use PHP to analyze our PHP-based legacy system and to integrate Java services with it
- You are actively involved in the entire development cycle up to the commissioning of the software components
- You have successfully completed a degree course in computer science, business informatics, mathematics or comparable training
- You have already accumulated several years of professional experience in the field of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation of service-based applications in Java and Spring environment
- You are familiar with technologies such as Hibernate, JMS, MySQL, ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ, Git, Maven and REST WebServices
- You are interested in architectural development and new technologies
- Your structured and analytical approach allows you to quickly understand complex software systems and develop new concepts
- You demand quality in your work, for example by unit testing or using a clean code approach
- You enjoy taking responsibility, communicate well with your colleagues and like to work in an agile development team
- An additional advantage would be experience with PHP 5.x and MySQL
- Good knowledge of German, both written and spoken, as well as good English skills is required
What you can expect
We offer you a responsible position with the global market leader in the domain trading sector, located directly in the Cologne Media Park. With us, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your performance and efficiency in an international, open-minded team of 130 colleagues.
Day-to-day operations are characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication. A dynamic market environment provides for constant challenges and a wide variety of tasks. On top of all that, we offer our personnel an attractive all-round package.
Have we caught your interest?
Apply with your complete, digital application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your desired salary and your earliest possible start date.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!